Covid-19 Race Updates

Please use this page as a reference for frequent event updates from the Regatta Office.

LAST UPDATED: May 29, 2020

Our plan is to make a final go/no go decision for the Head Of The Charles by the end of July. Our top priority is to create an event that is safe for competitors, volunteers, and spectators. We are working closely will all of the appropriate state and local officials — along with health, safety and medical specialists at Massachusetts General Hospital — in developing our plans and providing guidance on final decisions.

More information can be found on our FAQ page.

May 7, 2020

Registration for International athletes will now open on May 8th. Applications will be accepted before the closing date for international registration: June 5th. The HOCR office asks that all international athletes with guaranteed entries submit them after standard registration opens for all competitors on June 8th. Only new applications will be permitted during the International Registration period.

International crews may submit their application on RegattaCentral after completing their Institutional Registration, if applicable.

April 20, 2020

The Head Of The Charles Regatta Board of Directors, staff, and Race Committee are closely monitoring the continuing developments regarding coronavirus (COVID-19). As of now, we are actively working on the event and plan to hold the 56th Regatta on it’s original date of October 17-18, 2020. All registration opening dates and deadlines will remain unless otherwise posted on this website.

March 17, 2020

To read a message from Fred Schoch and the Board of Directors, please click HERE.